Ram drop correction
Falling of the RAM when it is slided out or loaded is a physical property. The consequence is the creation of errors in the position and geometry of the RAM.
Our design of RAM falling compensation is unique and is patented.
The entire headstock is designed in such a way that it makes it possible to compensate falling of the RAM when it is slided out and when technological accessories are applied.
The dropping of the RAM is compensated by a special electro-mechanical system, where the stepping electric motor rotates the eccentre on which the whole headstock and RAM group is mounted (the second mounting of the RAM and the headstock plate is solved by a rotary pin).
- Increased machine accuracy
- Better final accuracy of workpieces
- System operates independently without operator intervention
- Compensation system is programmable and configurable
- High compensation range without additional forces on the linear guides
- Increased lifetime of the linear guides